The Department of German and Romance Languages and Literatures at Johns Hopkins is proud to sponsor the Delta Epsilon chapter of Delta Phi Alpha, the German National Honor Society. The Delta Epsilon chapter of Johns Hopkins University was formed in 1954 and has recently reestablished itself.
To join the German National Honor Society, undergraduates must meet the following requirements:
- Have attained sophomore standing
- Have a 3.5 GPA (B+) minimum in German courses
- Have a 3.0 minimum GPA (B-) overall
- Be enrolled in a German course at induction
- Sophomore standing (or above)
- 3.0 overall GPA (B-)
- 3.5 in German courses (B+)
- Be enrolled in an advanced German course (above Intermediate)
- $25 for induction (additional $10 for a graduation honor cord)
If you are interested in joining Delta Phi Alpha, please contact the faculty adviser, Deborah McGee Mifflin, for an application form. Applications forms are accepted on a rolling basis and we hold the induction ceremony in the spring semester each year.
The completed form and payment ($25 for the membership certificate, pin, and induction ceremony; additional $10 for honor cord to wear at graduation) should be dropped off directly to Professor Mifflin, Gilman 469B, or left with one of the GRLL department administrators in Gilman 401.