The Department of German and Romance Languages and Literatures at the Johns Hopkins University seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer to teach undergraduate courses in the Spanish Language Program beginning Fall 2018. Candidates should ideally have the following qualifications:
- M.A. required, PhD desirable with a concentration in Second Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics or Foreign Language Education by time of appointment.
- At least two years of experience teaching college-level language courses in Spanish.
- Near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Word processing, Internet, e-mail and multimedia skills.
- Desirable, but not required, experience with computer-assisted language learning.
Requirements: Please submit a letter of interest, CV, three letters of recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, a video recording of yourself teaching a current class and sample teaching evaluations online via Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/52605
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Teaching recording should be addressed to the attention of: Loreto Sanchez, Director of the Spanish Language Program, Department of German and Romance Languages and Literatures, 3400 N. Charles Street, Gilman 401, Baltimore MD 21218. Posting will close on August 10th, 2018.
Johns Hopkins University is committed to active recruitment of a diverse faculty and student body. The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members. Consistent with the University’s goals of achieving excellence in all areas, we will assess the comprehensive qualifications of each applicant.