The Department of German and Romance Languages and Literatures at the Johns Hopkins University seeks to appoint a full-time Lecturer to teach undergraduate courses in the Spanish Language Program beginning Fall 2017. Candidates should ideally have the following qualifications:
- M.A. required, PhD desirable with a concentration in Second Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics or Foreign Language Education by time of appointment.
- At least two years of experience teaching college-level language courses in Spanish.
- Experience teaching college-level language courses in Spanish.
- Near-native fluency in Spanish and English.
- Word processing, Internet, e-mail and multimedia skills.
- It would also be desirable but not required that the candidate has some experience with computer-assisted language learning.
Requirements: Please submit a letter of interest with salary requirements, CV, three letters of recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, and sample teaching evaluations online via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/41500
Please also send a video recording of you teaching a current class via mail to Loreto Sanchez, Director of the Spanish Language Program
Department of German and Romance Languages and Literatures
3400 N. Charles Street, Gilman 401, Baltimore MD 21218
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Lecturer in Spanish Teaching Video
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will close on Friday, April 21, 2017.
Johns Hopkins University is committed to active recruitment of a diverse faculty and student body. The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members. Consistent with the University’s goals of achieving excellence in all areas, we will assess the comprehensive qualifications of each applicant.